Jec A. Ballou is offering the following clinic programs for this year…
Cross-Training and Cavalletti for Dressage
Accessible to all levels of horses/riders, this clinic provides valuable routines and coaching for for the best cavalletti exercises in all three gaits for dressage horses. Improve your horse’s athleticism, confidence, and proprioception. Through the use of both group and private sessions, you will learn how to incorporate these fitness strategies in to your regular schedules.
- 9am-10:30am: Group lesson & cavalletti exercises to improve dressage movement
- 10:30-12noon: Group lesson & cavalletti exercises to improve dressage movement
- 12-1 Lunch
- 1-4pm: 30-minute private lessons
Elite Equine Athlete
With morning private lessons followed by a lunch-time lecture/demo and then group training session, this program emphasizes exercises from Jec’s book Equine Fitness and equine physiology expertise to develop each horse’s movement and performance.
- 9am-12noon: Private 45-minute lessons
- 12-1: Lunch time demo Simple Stretching and Body Mechanics for the Equine Athlete
- 1-2: Group riding session
- 2-3: Group riding session
Western Dressage Performance
In this all-levels clinic, riders enjoy two group lessons daily. The morning’s session focuses on training exercises geared towards the development of the horse from Jec’s book 101 Western Dressage Exercises for Horse and Rider, while the afternoon session offers routines for refining specific areas of interest generated from participants.
- 9am-10:30: Group riding session A
- 10:30-12noon: Group riding session B
- 12-1 Lunch/Discussion
- 1-2: Group riding session A
- 2-3: Group riding session B
Customized Day of Private Lessons
Private lessons are 45-minutes in duration; semi-privates (up to 3 riders per session) are 1-hour.
- Private lesson: $75
- Semi-Private lesson (up to 3 riders): $50 per person
- Schooling Ride: $50
Read what people say about Jec Ballou and her Clinic Programs!